UMFA Member Experience
Buckle up for MEMBERS-ONLY Early Admission Day
Saturday, August 25 | 10-11 am
The Museum will open its doors an hour early to give members a special opportunity to view Speed.
In addition, members receive FREE admission throughout the run of the exhibition based on their level of membership:
- Patron Members and above: UNLIMITED free admission
- Family Members: Two free single-entry admissions for adults and free single-entry admission for children under 18 living in the same household
- Duo Members: Two free single-entry admissions
- Student, Senior, and Individual Members: One free single-entry admission
To join today or to learn more about UMFA membership and benefits, please visit www.umfa.utah.edu/membership or call the Membership Department at 801.585.0464.
Speed FAQs for Members
Q. I am a current Member of the UMFA, how do I get my ticket(s) to Speed: The Art of the Performance Automobile?
A. UMFA members will not receive paper tickets to Speed in the mail. There will be a Members-Only check-in line at the UMFA’s front desk. As a current UMFA member you will receive your admission pass once you check-in at the front desk. You will be able to renew your membership at the desk, if necessary.
Q. What Membership Level receives FREE single-entry admission to Speed?
A. Your generous support has helped to bring Speed to the UMFA and we want to thank you. All UMFA members will receive FREE single-entry admission to this special ticketed exhibition based upon your level of membership:
- Student, Senior and Individual members receive one free single-entry admission
- Duo members receive two free single-entry admissions
- Family members receive two free single-entry admission for adults and one free single-entry admission for children under 18 living in the same household
- Patron members and above receive UNLIMITED free admission
Q. I want to see Speed again, but I have already used my free single-entry admission. Where can I purchase Speed admission tickets?
A. There are three areas to purchase Speed admission tickets:
1. SmithsTix is the authorized seller of Speed admission tickets. Tickets may be purchased online at smithstix.com or call the SmithsTix charge-by-phone number at 801.467.8499 or 800.888.8499. SmithsTix also has thirty-five ticket outlets from Logan to St. George.
2. At the UMFA’s front desk during regular business hours*
3. At the front desk of the A. Ray Olpin University Union building, located on the University of Utah Campus*
*University of Utah Students, Faculty, and Staff may only purchase discounted tickets at the UMFA and University Union front desks.
Q. If I am bringing a friend who is not a UMFA member, will I be able to view the exhibition with them?
A. Yes, we encourage you to view Speed with your friends! It is recommended that your friends purchase their Speed admission tickets before visiting in order to reserve an admission time. Then you (the current UMFA member) will be able to check-in at the Members-Only check-in area and stand in line with your friends. UMFA Members will receive access to Speed on a first-come, first-served basis. It is also recommended that you arrive before your friend’s ticketed admission time to reserve a spot in the admission line.
Q. If an admission time on SmithsTix is sold out, as a Member will I be able to view Speed?
A. Yes, for every half-hour the exhibition is open, the UMFA has blocked off admission tickets. UMFA Members will receive access to Speed on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that you come early to reserve a spot in the admission line.
Q. Will I be able to view Speed before it opens to the public?
A. Yes, UMFA members are invited to attend a Members-Only preview of Speed on June 1 from 10 am–5 pm. This is an incredible opportunity to experience Speed before it opens to the public!
Q. During the run of the exhibition will there be any other times UMFA Members may view Speed without the general public?
A. Yes, UMFA members are invited to attend two Members-Only Early Admission days, when the Museum will open its doors an hour early for members. Mark your calendar for:
Sunday, July 15, from 10-11am | Saturday, August 25 from 10-11am
Space is limited for these early admission opportunities. RSVP online or call 801.585.0464.
Q. Will either the Members-Only Preview Day or the Members-Only Early Admission count toward my free single-entry Speed admission?
A. No, the UMFA is pleased to give our members free additional access to view Speed. You do have to have a current UMFA membership to view Speed during the Members-Only dates.
Q. Who may I contact if I need to renew my Membership or have additional questions about UMFA membership?
A. You can renew your membership at the UMFA’s front desk or by mailing in your renewal form to:
Utah Museum of Fine Arts
Marcia and John Price Museum Building
410 Campus Center Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
For further questions contact:
Kate Ithurralde | Manager of Annual Giving Development
Darienne Turner | Development and Marketing Assistant